This kids and I missed out on the fair this past weekend, I know they had been really looking forward to those delicious little cinnamon covered doughnuts. So we decided to throw our own mini fair in the back garden complete with the ring toss and a few other makeshift fair games.
Of course the kids were still looking for some kind of fair treat, so with the ingredients in my very empty pantry (I really need to do a good grocery shop) I came up with this gorgeous sweet bread! With all of the flavour of the fair these delicious bites are rich and chewy and perfectly dance on your tongue like the sweetness of a fair doughnut!
The best part? It’s not fried, its free from oil, has zero refined sugar (unless you choose to sprinkle some on top), and of course as always is totally vegan! I hope you love this recipe as much as they kids and I did!
xoxo N.Holly D 🙂
Maple Coconut Sweet Bread
Vegan Oil Free Refined Sugar Free Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins @350F
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Line 11×7 baking pan with parchment paper
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- Create a well in the dry bowl and pour in the wet ingredients
- Mix well and scoop into baking pan, spread evenly
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and dust with cinnamon and sugar
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!