Over the weekend we held a birthday party for my son Logan who was turning 11, Logan is an appies kind of guy so he asked me to create something special for his party. I had just returned from shopping for the party when his request came in and I was not keen on having to leave the house again so I pulled open the cupboards in search of ingredient to create something new.
Cashews, spices, nutritional yeast… it looked like the makings of a great cheeze sauce! I had the tortilla chips so I figured I could try and pull together a vegan nacho cheeze, little could we have known that it would turn out amazing! Once the guests arrived this last minute nacho dip became the talk of the party… next to the birthday boy of course!
I’m absolutely thrilled to share this recipe with you! It’s truly one of my best creations and I hope you will love it as much as we did!
Zesty vegan Nacho Cheeze
Vegan Gluten Free Oil Free Sugar Free Prep: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 Cup Raw Cashew Pieces
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Red Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Shiro Miso
- 1 Tsp Smoked Salt ( I used Alder Smoked Sea Salt by The San Francisco Salt Co.)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Smokey Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Place all ingredients into high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Serve room temperature or warmed in a mini crockpot
- Great for dipping tortilla chips and veggies in!