I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned in the past that I’m just not a breakfast person, but on those morning when I need to start my day right I always turn to my delicious Hearty Coconut Walnut Granola Cereal.
As little as a half a cup of this nutrient rich cereal is more than enough to fill me and is often almost too much for the kids, meaning that this cereal goes a little further than most. With a warm cinnamon and maple flavour mixed with the walnuts this breakfast can feel more like a dessert!
Completely kids approved by all six of my children, this quick and easy breakfast is a busy parents best friend. The cost of a nice granola can be extremely high, often leaving it an option that is off the table for many families. What most people don’t realize is that homemade granola cereal is actually quite simple and will save a ton of cash! Not to mention it’s free from any preserving chemicals.
I’d love to hear in the comments what you thought of this recipe, what would you like to see more of?
Hearty Coconut Walnut Granola Cereal
Vegan Oil Free Gluten Free (if using gluten free oats) Refined Sugar Free
Prep Time 7 Minutes Cook Time 45 Minutes at 350F
- 6 Cups Rolled Oats (use gluten free oats if you want a gluten free version)
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Cups Chopped Walnut
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- Dash of Sea Salt
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together until spices are evenly disbursed.
- In a large liquid measuring cup mix the Maple Syrup and Water.
- Gently pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and stir until all everything is moist and evenly coated.
- Line a roasting pan with parchment paper (Woohoo! I found a use for my old roasting pan since going vegan!)
- Pour cereal into roasting pan and evenly spread across the base of the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, then remove from oven to stir cereal.
- Bake for another 10 minutes and again remove and stir, this process helps ensure all cereal is evenly baked and golden brown.
- Bake for a final 10 minutes.