I’m a huge sucker for a good biscuit, so when I started to experience some gluten intolerance symptoms I was absolutely devastated. I was the girl who could eat an entire load of bread to herself…. in one sitting. I loved my GLUTEN!! I fought it for about two years as I was in complete denial, thankfully I’m not celiac but I am bothered by it enough that I usually try my best to avoid glutenous foods. So I needed to find a few hacks!
Suddenly I found myself trying to create the perfect gluten free biscuit that satisfied my savoury taste and was vegan as well! So after much playing around I am so happy to share with you my Chipotle Cheezy Biscuits!
Gluten Free Vegan Chipotle Cheezy Biscuits
Vegan Gluten Free Sugar Free Prep Time: 10 min. Bake Time: 15 min.
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 2 Tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt or Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 7 Tbsp Vegan Margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 3/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- 2 1/2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine all Dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Cut in Margarine until the mixture looks grainy
- Combine Wet ingredients
- Pour Wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine just until every thing is nicely moistened
- Scoop nine biscuits onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 425°f for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes
Oh look, I made a video too!