As summer comes to a close and the smoke from the second worst fire season British Columbia has ever seen finally starts to clear, I realized how much I have been neglecting my blog. This Summer has been a mix of bittersweet for me, from lazy days with the kids playing in the back garden in the early weeks; to having to put our beloved dog ‘Deefer’ to sleep in mid-July which left me a wreck for weeks and still hurts my heart every time I glance at his favourite spot on the floor next to the fireplace.
Then I was off to Europe for a little over two weeks which was just what I needed at the time, I made some fantastic new friends, saw some of the most beautiful places in the world, and knocked a few experiences off of my bucket list. Then I returned home feeling full, yet empty and missing the new friends I had made. It has taken me a week to get back into the swing of things, and I finally found my motivation start creating recipes for you again thanks to my Mum who brought me a beautiful box of peaches.
So here it is, a sweet Summer creation just for you!
Cinnamon Peach Summer Scones
Vegan Prep Time: 10 mins Bake Time: 25 mins Bake Temp: 400 F
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 3/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- 1 Large Peach Cut in small cubes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- In a large bowl combine Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Sea Salt, and Cinnamon. Whisk to mix evenly.
- Add Vegan Margarine and cut in with pastry cutter or hands until fine granules appear.
- Make a well and add Dairy Free Milk, mix with hands until mix comes together.
- Add Peach Pieces and mix with hands until evenly dispersed.
- On a baking pan lines with parchment and dusted with flour place ball of dough flattening it into a large pancake shape. Cut creating 8 triangular pieces. Spread the pieces out so they are at least an inch away from each other to allow for growth during baking.
- Bake for 25mins at 400F, check on the scones at 20min to make sure they do not over bake.