If you’re a vegan then one of the things you may really miss from your pre-vegan days is Broccoli Cheddar soup, but fear not, you can still have your soup and eat it too! My whole foods Creamy Vegan Broccoli Cheeze soup will make your tummy smile with fond memories but this time its free from any harm to animals…. not to mention harmful cholesterol!
Being completely oil free this recipe is ultra healthy and with the addition of nutritional yeast you will get your fill of B vitamins while still enjoying this creamy comfort food! I suggest serving it with a thick slice of my Vegan Irish Soda Bread for an extra helping of happiness!
Enjoy Holly xoxo
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Cheeze Soup
Vegan Oil Free Gluten Free Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Large Garlic Clove Minced
- 5 Cups Chopped Broccoli
- 5 Cups Chopped Potato
- 1 Cup Chopped Carrot
- 7 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt
- In a large pot add just enough water to cover the base and cook Chopped Onion and Minced Garlic until Onion is translucent.
- Add Broccoli, Potato, and Carrot and cook for ten minutes, add more water if needed to base of pot.
- Add Veggie Broth, Nutritional Yeast, Turmeric, and Sea Salt and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 25 minutes.
- With a hand blender puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a nice think slice of my Vegan Irish Soda Bread!
Free Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide!
Subscribe to get our FREE Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide full of great tips and tricks to help you create a healthier lifestyle!