When I was young I was never much of an egg fan so when I went vegan I didn’t really miss them… except in the case of a nice quiche. Unfortunately quiche is quite heavy on cholesterol and not the best choice if you’re trying to eat healthier. But fear not! My Cheezy Broccoli Asparagus Sun Dried Tomato Vegan Quiche ( wow that was a mouth fun… or it will be when you try out this recipe, I crack myself up LOL) is free from harmful cholesterol and full or protein due to the chickpea flour! Now that is a pretty darn good trade I think!
One quick note to those of you new to using chickpea flour, it is a wonderful and versatile ingredient but has the tendency to dry out a little as it cools so my recommendation to you if you plan to re-heat this quiche is to sprinkle a little water over the quiche before you reheat to add moisture back in. Either way it will still taste great but that is just a little chickpea flour pro tip for you!
Enjoy! Holly xoxo
Cheezy Broccoli Asparagus Sun Dried Tomato Vegan Quiche
Vegan Gluten Free Sugar Free Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake at 475 for 30 minutes
Serves 8 (155 Cal per serving)
- 2 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1 Cup Broccoli Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Asparagus Chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion Diced
- 1 Large Garlic Clove Crushed
- 3 Tbsp Sun Dried Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups Chickpea Flour
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Black Salt
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 475
- In a large cast iron pan fry Onion, Broccoli, and Asparagus in Oil on medium for 2 minutes
- Add Garlic and Sun Dried Tomatoes and fry on low for 5- 10 minutes
- As veggies are frying mix remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter over veggies and stir
- Place cast iron pan into the oven for 30 minutes
- Pierce with a toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean then quiche is ready
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving
Free Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide!
Subscribe to get our FREE Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide full of great tips and tricks to help you create a healthier lifestyle!