In the winter my guilty pleasure is always a very nice cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate, I love the creamy zing of the cayenne and cacao flirting with each other in my cup. Alas Summer is just around the corner and it has been way to hot for hot chocolate! So in the spirit of one of my favourite Winter delights I have created a Summer version in cake form!
My creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cheeze Cake is decadent, delicious, and the perfect addition to any Summer feast! Being gluten free, vegan, and free from refined sugars this cashew based dessert is protein packed and will leave you swooning!
Enjoy! Natasha xoxo
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cheeze Cake
Vegan Gluten Free Refined Sugar Free Prep Time: 10 mins Set Time: 1 Hour
- 1 Cup Raw Pecans
- 1/8 Cup Cacao Powder
- 6 Medjool Dates
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Toss all ingredients into a food processor
- Process until dough ball forms
The Mexican Hot Chocolate Cheese Cake
- 2 Cups Raw Cashew Pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Dairy Free Milk
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender
- Blend until smooth an creamy
- Pour over Crust and tap to remove any bubbles
- Place in freezer or fridge for at least an hour to set
- Garnish with mini marshmallows and chocolate drizzle
Free Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide!
Subscribe to get our FREE Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide full of great tips and tricks to help you create a healthier lifestyle!