There are so many complicated tofu scramble recipes on the internet these days but very few base recipes. With that in mind, one of the best things about cooking is the opportunity to be creative! With my base tofu scramble recipe the sky is the limit, you can take it South and make a beautiful zesty Mexican scramble, or East if you add a little curry powder for a rich Indian flair.
No matter your taste, there are so many options available when making a tofu scramble. So I encourage you to take the base and make it special, I’d love to hear about the creations you come up with!
My scramble today is just the base recipe topped with heirloom tomatoes, asparagus, sea salt flakes, pepper, almond feta, and sprouts!
A quick note about black salt, for me this is an essential ingredient in a tofu scramble as it gives a true egg flavour, I encourage you to try it!
Basic Tofu Scramble
Vegan Gluten Free Oil Free Serves 4-6 Prep and cook time 20 minutes
- 1 Block of Firm Organic Tofu
- 1/4 Cup Water (or 1 Tbsp of oil)
- 1 Medium Shallot
- 1 Large Garlic Clove
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 3/4 Tsp Black Salt
- In a frying pan cook Onions and Garlic in Water until Onions are soft and translucent, you can use oil over water for more flavour if you like.
- Add Turmeric and Black Salt, mix and evenly Coat onion and Garlic mixture
- Crumble tofu into small pieces and coat with spices and veg
- Add more water if drying out or starting to stick to pan
- Add any additional spices or veggies of choice
- Cook on medium/ low until tofu has absorbed most of the liquid
- Serve and garnish with veggies, spices, vegan cheese
Free Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide!
Subscribe to get our FREE Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide full of great tips and tricks to help you create a healthier lifestyle!