While I’m more of a savoury girl, I do have a soft spot for mousse tarts and cakes. One of my favourite combos is a lovely blood orange and chocolate mix, think Terry’s Chocolate Orange that pops up at Christmas time, but a fully veganized version… in cake form!
I’m all about simplicity, yet there is something to be said for quality and presentation. This cake truly has it all, quick and easy to prepare, delicious gourmet flavour, and easy to garnish. I especially love this cake for an afternoon tea with the ladies as it’s always a crowd pleaser.
Blood Orange Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1 Cup Raw Peacans
- 5 Soft Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1/8 Cup Water
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until a smooth dough ball forms
- Remove dough and press into the base of an 8″ spring form cake pan
- Use oil on fingers from pressing to grease the side on the pan
Chocolate Blood Orange Mousse
- 1 Cup Raw Cashew Pieces
- 3/4 Cup Dairy-free Milk
- 1/4 Cup Blood Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Blood Orange Rind
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour over base and place in freezer or fridge to set (30-45 minutes)
- Garnish with Blood Orange, Flowers, Fruit, Seeds
Free Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide!
Subscribe to get our FREE Plant-Based Beginners Tip Guide full of great tips and tricks to help you create a healthier lifestyle!